Poster and how to getting here:
- Download the preliminary poster and the practical information (airport connections, hotels, how to reach, site-map, etc) updated May-2012.
The 10th European Finite Element Fair will start on June 8th 2012, Friday at 12:00h (UTC+1) noon, and it will end on June 9th 2012, Saturday afternoon 19:00 (UTC+1)
On June 8th, at 19:00 h the host institution will organize the "10th Fair group picture"
List of Participants and Presentation Files:
- Andrey Andreev, Technical University of Gabrovo
- Roman Andreev, ETH Zürich
- Andrés Arrarás, Universidad Pública de Navarra
- Felipe Arrate, BCAM
- Blanca Ayuso de Dios, CRM
- Gabriel Barrenechea, University of Strathclyde
- Christine Bernardi, CNRS
- Stefano Berroni, Politecnico di Torino
- Daniele Boffi, Università di Pavia
- Malte Braack, University of Kiel
- Holger Brandsmeier, ETH Zürich
- Uwe Brauer, CRM
- Nicola Cavallini, Universita' di Pavia
- Andrea Cangiani, University of Leicester
- Carsten Carstensen, Humboldt-Universität
- Juan Casado-Díaz, Universidad de Sevilla
- Cristian Mihai Cazacu, BCAM
- Felipe W. Chaves, BCAM
- Franz Chouly, Université de Franche-Comté
- Vincent Darrigrand, BCAM
- Francisco De la Hoz, UPV/EHU
- Daniel Drimbe, SNSB
- Javier Escartín, BCAM
- Samson Folarin, Federal University of Technology
- Lucia Gastaldi, University of Brescia
- Emmanuil Georgoulis, University of Leicester
- Luca Gerardo-Giorda, BCAM
- Liviu Ignat, BCAM & IMAR
- Tatiana Ignat, BCAM
- Fotini Karakatsani, BCAM
- Nikolaos Katzourakis, BCAM
- Irene Kyza, Institute of App. Comp. Maths - FORTH
- Sergey Korotov, BCAM
- Christian Kreuzer, Ruhr-Universität Bochum
- Omar Lakkis, University of Sussex
- Stig Larsson, Chalmers Tekniska Högskola
- Mats G Larson, Umea University
- Manuel Luna, Universidad de Sevilla
- Aurora-Mihaela Marica, BCAM
- Hayk Nersisyan, BCAM
- Ilaria Perugia, University of Pavia
- Laura Portero, Universidad Pública de Navarra
- Luigi Provenzano, BCAM
- Alejandro Pozo, BCAM
- Milena Racheva, Technical University of Gabrovo
- Ridgway Scott, Univ of Chicago
- Yongxing Shen, Universitat Politecnica de Catalunya
- Christoph Schwab, ETH Zürich
- Friedhelm Schieweck, University Magdeburg
- Piotr Skrzypacz, University Magdeburg
- Goran Stipcich, BCAM
- Abigail Wacher, BCAM
- Enrique Zuazua, BCAM
Format of the Meeting:
The European Finite Element Fair (EFEF) is an annual series of completely informal small workshops throughout Europe with equal initial conditions for each speaker. EFEF provides a platform for high-level discussions on current research on finite element approximation, in the broadest sense, of partial differential equations. Authors are encouraged to present *one* new idea rather than review a full research project. In this spirit, the communication of recent and new results, even not yet published, is very welcome (see The Book, item 4 below). A few, but strict, rules apply to EFEF in order to distinguish it from existing workshops and minisymposia in the field.
- Speakers at EFEF are volunteers from the audience. Provided that she or he is present throughout the meeting, each participant is invited to talk.
- Based on the number of speakers the time available will be divided into slots for the talks. The order of the speakers will be determined through random choice, by drawing names out of a hat. Speakers cannot request a specific time to talk.
- Each speaker should introduce himself or herself, the title and topic, and is expected to leave sufficient time, within the allocated time-slot, for discussion. Speakers have to prepare a talk that can be trimmed to various lengths (from seconds to 30 minutes). For a smooth meeting, the time table will be strictly enforced.
- The Book. Starting from EFEF 2005, a book will be available (in the Oberwolfach tradition) to record new analytical and numerical results presented during EFEF. Results can be hand-written or typeset and glued into the book.
- The Presentation. Bring your presentation as a pdf-file on an USB-stick. That will make life/technical support much more relaxed and easier during the conference.
Previous European Finite Element Fairs:
European organizing committee:
- Christine Bernardi, Université Pierre & Marie Curie, Paris, France
- Daniele Boffi, Università di Pavia, Italy
- Carsten Carstensen, Humboldt-Universität, Berlin, Germany
- Charlie Elliott, University of Warwick, England
- Stig Larsson, Chalmers University of Technology
- Rolf Rannacher, Universität Heidelberg, Germany
- Rolf Stenberg, Helsinki, Finland
- Christoph Schwab, ETH Zürich, Switzerland
- Endre Süli, Oxford University, England
Local organizing committee:
- Sergey Korotov, BCAM, Bilbao, Basque Country, Spain.
- Enrique Zuazua, BCAM, Bilbao, Basque Country, Spain.